This is my process from start to finish when it comes to helping someone buy Young Living. I’m going to list the basic steps first, then go back and elaborate if needed.
1. Post a story on Facebook about using oils/use oils in public/mention them when someone asks what I do for X, Y, or Z.
2. If someone comments on my post, I ALWAYS respond to them in the actual post. I answer the question and just start a natural conversation. I will also always post something like “I’ll shoot you a message!” and then I send them a PM.
3. Private Message (PM)/Text/E-Mail (see script below. But here is the thing… this is just a guide for you to create your own. You are just talking to a friend about something you love. DO NOT OVERTHINK THIS. Share from you heart. Change this “script” so it sounds like YOU. Your friends want to hear your experience and voice. And you want to help them! So don’t be a robot. HA!)
“Yo yo yo!! Have you used oils before too?”
“Yes, I use *insert crappy oil here* but I don’t really do that much with it. I wasn’t sure how to use it.”
“Oh cool! Yeah I got into oils about a year ago. I heard about them in a mommy group on Facebook and then did a ridiculous amount of research because I am kind of nuts about what I use on Grey. At the time he was only 3 months, so I wanted to make sure what I was using was safe. I ended up going with Young Living because of their Seed to Seal process. They LITERALLY control every single step in the process, so you can actually use them internally, as well as on the skin or diffused. It’s crazy because at this point we use them for EVERYTHING. Like have thrown out our medicine cabinet. What else have you been thinking of using oils for?”
^^ See, conversation. No pushy sales stuff, just a little info. NOW at this point, I just keep the conversation going. Does she want more sleep? I tell her what I use on myself and my family. Muscle aches? Panaway is awesome.
I just am myself. BE YOURSELF.
4. Your friend wants to get started with YL – YAY!
They can order whatever they’d like – just send them your referral link or a custom bundle you made from your MyYL page!
If they want oils, the Starter Bundle is a great option!
I say “Okay you wanna grab oils, girl get the starter kit. It is how everyone starts. It’s $165, has your diffuser, 12 oils you will legit use for alllll the things, some antioxidant (Ningxia Red!) samples, a Thieves Spray and Hand Sanitizer (throw them in your bag!) and you’ll be all set.”
If they wanna buy just a a few, then do the math for them!
“Okay, what which ones? Let me grab you prices”
5. Break down the math. (I know, math, yuck, haha)
“Okay, so if I get you a lavender, panaway, and peppermint with my discount, your total will be $80.25 plus tax and shipping. Now that I’m looking at it, that is def not the best option. When I got started with oils, I got the Premium Starter Kit, and it has all 3 of those oils you want in it, plus 9 more, and a diffuser (which I literally use day and night), some of the thieves products, and a bunch of other goodies. It’s $165 (and wellllll over $320 value if you bought them all individually) so it’s kind of a no brainer based on what you want to try.”
“Duh, sounds awesome, how do I get it?”
6. Send them your link!
7. You made a sale!!!!! Congratulations!